Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms with over a billion active users. The platform has become a powerful marketing tool for brands and influencers to get noticed online, and make huge profits for their businesses. Thanks to the latest Instagram update, users can now add up to five clickable links to their Instagram bio.
Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced on his Instagram broadcast channel that users can now add up to five links to their Instagram bio. He also mentioned that this feature was one of the most requested ones they’ve had. In his words, “You can now add up to 5 links in your Instagram bio,” he said.
In this post, we’ll discuss how to add multiple links in Instagram bio, step-by-step, and explore the benefits of this new Instagram feature for your online presence.
How to Add Multiple Links in Instagram Bio
1. Open your Instagram Profile and click on ‘Edit Profile’ button
2. Tap on the ‘Links’ option –> click on ‘Add external link’
3. Add your URL and Title for the link. The text in the ‘Title’ will be displayed on your profile. So, make sure to keep it short and catchy.
4. For testing purposes, I added all 5 links and on clicking the option ‘Add external link’ or ‘Add Facebook link’, you get this message saying that “You can add up to 5 links to your bio”.
Now, let’s see how your multiple Instagram bio links get displayed on your Profile –
You can click on the bio link displayed, and it will expand all the links you’ve added as shown.
How to Reorder Your Instagram Bio Links
1. Go to the ‘Links’ section again, and click on the 3 dots icon.
2. Select the option ‘Reorder links’
3. Now, you can just drag the links to reorder it as per your preference.
How to Remove Your Instagram Bio Link
1. Go to the ‘Links’ section again and click on the link you wish to remove
2. You’ll find an option to edit your link and remove the link as well. Click on ‘Remove Link’ option and select the option ‘Remove’ on the pop-up.
That’s it your link will be removed.
What Kind of Links Should You Add to Your Instagram Bio?
1. Website: The most obvious link to add is your website. Whether you have a business website or a personal blog, this link is an essential tool for driving traffic and increasing brand awareness.
2. Social Media: Want to promote your other social media accounts? Why not, just link that in your bio link. Add links to your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or any other social media platform where you have a presence.
3. Products: If you have an e-commerce business or if you are into affiliate marketing, you can use the link in your bio to promote your products. Create a landing page specifically for your Instagram followers and add the link to your bio.
4. Sign-up Pages: If you offer a newsletter or other subscription-based service, you can use the link in your Instagram bio to promote your sign-up page. This is a great way to grow your email list and keep your followers up-to-date with your latest news and offerings.
5. Events: If you’re hosting an event, webinar, or workshop, you can use the link in your Instagram bio to promote it. Create a landing page with all the event details and add the link to your Instagram bio.
6. YouTube Channel: If you run a YouTube channel as well, then this is a great way to promote your YouTube channel with your Instagram audience.
Adding links to your Instagram bio can help you drive more traffic to your website, increase engagement, and grow your brand. Just make sure to update your links regularly to keep your followers engaged and up-to-date.
How many links can be added to Instagram?
According to the latest Instagram update 2023, you can now add up to 5 links in your Instagram bio.
So, Instagram’s latest update for 2023 has made it easier than ever to add multiple clickable links to your bio. Follow these simple steps to make the most of this new feature and boost your online presence. Happy linking!
P.S. If you’re looking to automate your Instagram and Facebook page to be able to post on Instagram and Facebook at the same time, do check out this post for a quick step-by-step guide.