Instagram Story is a dynamic feature to share some really cool content to engage with your audience. As content creators, we make all sorts of content for different places, so it’s important to share it everywhere to get more people interested. So, in this guide, we’ll talk about how to share YouTube video on Instagram Story and make the most out of it.
But before that, let’s talk about how exactly sharing your YouTube video on Instagram stories can help you as a content creator and what are its benefits.
Why Share YouTube Video to Instagram Story?
Wondering why you should share your YouTube videos on Instagram Stories? Well, it’s a game-changer for creators looking to boost their content across platforms. Here are some key benefits that you can get for sharing your YouTube video on IG story:
- Expanded Visibility: Not everyone who follows you on Instagram is your YouTube subscriber. So, why not attract a new set of audience for your YouTube content?
- Increase in Engagement: When you share your YouTube videos on your Instagram story, it also helps to boost your engagement rate on both platforms and also helps you to connect with your audience in a better way.
- Building Trust and Authenticity: YouTube videos are more detailed and informative than the Instagram content we consume. So, when you share your YouTube content with your Instagram audience, it gives them a deeper understanding of your expertise and insights. It’s a powerful way to strengthen your connection with the audience, showcasing the real person behind the content and building a more meaningful relationship.
- Drive Traffic: Well, this is a no-brainer! Cross-promoting your YouTube videos on different platforms helps you get more views on your video, thereby increasing your chances of getting pushed by the YouTube algorithm to more people.
How To Share YouTube Video on Instagram Story
When you’re sharing your YouTube video on Instagram story, you obviously want people to go and watch the video. So, the most important thing is to share the YouTube video in the right way to be able to drive traffic to your video. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the YouTube app and select the video you want to share on your Instagram Story. Tap on the ‘Share’ button and select the option ‘Copy link’.
- Now, open your Instagram app and tap on the ‘+’ icon on Story to add your new story.
- Select any Image or Video you want to put up on the Story along with the YouTube link. I’ve selected a random image here for demo purposes.
- Tap on the ‘Stickers’ icon and search for ‘link’ in the stickers menu.
- Select the option ‘LINK’ from the stickers menu.
- Now, paste your copied URL and you can also choose to customise your sticker text.
- Then, let’s add a Call-to-Action (CTA) to remind people to click on the link.
Pro Tips To Help You Attract More Audience To Your YouTube Videos
- Make your stories fun, and try to create curiosity as much as possible for the YouTube video you share, because that’s when people will click on the link to watch your video.
- You can be more creative on your Instagram stories. The way you present your YouTube video matters! For that, you can use Canva templates like these to present your YouTube video.
Just edit these templates with your video thumbnail/image or video and change the colors and text, and that’s it! Your professional and attractive Instagram story will be ready. Then just add your YouTube link as shown in the above steps.
- Don’t forget to add a Call-to-Action along with your link. You need to tell people what they are supposed to do and why. Also, keep it short and catchy! Here are some CTA examples that you can use while sharing your YouTube videos to your Instagram stories:
- Discover the full story on YouTube—tap here! 🎥👆
- Don’t miss out on the excitement! Tap above to catch the entire video. 🎬👀
- Want the full scoop? Tap here for the extended version on YouTube. 🌈🎞️
How to share YouTube video on Instagram story without 10k followers?
The ‘LINK’ feature is now available to everyone irrespective of the number of followers. So, you can your YouTube video on your Instagram Story without having 10K followers.
How to share YouTube video on Instagram story with thumbnail?
It’s simple! All you have to do is select the thumbnail image for your Instagram Story and then add your YouTube link using the ‘LINK’ sticker option. You can also create your image with your YouTube thumbnail like this using Canva.
How to share part of YouTube video on Instagram story?
Use a basic video editing tool like InShot or Canva, and take out the part of your video you want to share on Instagram Story. Then, just add your trimmed video along with the YouTube link using the ‘LINK’ sticker.
So, don’t be lazy on this! Sharing your YouTube videos on Instagram Stories or any other platform might be an additional step and requires extra effort, but the result you will get is worth it. The extra effort you put into sharing your YouTube videos on Instagram Stories is not just a mere step; it’s a strategic move to captivate your audience with visually appealing and dynamic content.
Hope this guide helps you in sharing your awesome YouTube videos to Instagram stories and attracting your Instagram audience the right way to your YouTube channel. Keep creating content and keep sharing!